For over two decades, The Furman Group has provided specialized government relations consulting services to municipalities and other public agencies developing water, sanitation and transportation projects. We have a demonstrated record of success representing public agencies in Washington, D.C.
We have helped numerous communities and public water agencies throughout the U.S. access over $300 million in federal funding for critical water, sanitation and other infrastructure projects. During that same period we planned and executed government relations strategies that have resulted in nearly $350 million in project authorizations for our clients.
Our successes in the water and sanitation field include the following actions:
- Directed over $300 million in appropriations for water projects since 1992.
- Successful advocaced for authorization of over $100 million through the Water Resources Development Act for water related Environmental Infrastructure and Rural Development Projects through the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Conceived, drafted and advocated for the passage of the legislation that authorized the Bureau of Reclamation’s Title XVI Water Recycling Program in 1992.
- Successfully advocated for the expansion of the Title XVI Program authorization to include five new projects in 1996; and four additional projects to date.
- Successfully advocated for the passage of an $85 million authorization for the clean up of the San Gabriel Groundwater Basin and a subsequent reauthorization for an additional $50 million for the project. To date The Furman Group has secured the appropriation of $78 million pursuant to that authorization.
- Assisted our clients in securing over $45 million in EPA Special Needs Grant appropriations for water and sewer system improvements.
Based in Washington, D.C., The Furman Group has the experience and personnel needed to design and implement a government relations program tailored achieve success.